Chicken and Avocado Wraps…
These Avocado Wraps are part of a campaign that has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EchaleVida #VidaAguacate #Collectivebias
The grey and cold winter is finally officially over and the warmer weather brings with it new colors and flavors perfect for the season and temperature. Spring and summer make me miss my beautiful Ecuador, where it is absolutely perfect almost all year round.
This is when I incorporate Avocados From Mexico into my warm weather recipes, to remind me of home, and with avocados always in season, they provide a nutritional and colorful component to my active lifestyle during the warm weather. I will show you how to make a very simple and yet very delicious and nutritious snack perfect for your outdoor picnic, a day at the beach, or after that three mile hike at the park with your amigas! Below is “BELU’S CHICKEN AND AVOCADO WRAP” recipe!
Let’s face it, if there is one thing in Latin American cuisine that you can’t go wrong with, it has to be avocados. This recipe is very simple but with Avocados From Mexico it will always taste fresh and will always be delicious. Although simple, it is a very complete nutritional package: protein from the chicken, a great source of good fats from the avocados with a touch of vinegar adds a great taste, and the wrap provides a good source of fiber.
BELU’S CHICKEN AND AVOCADO WRAP
- 2 ripe Avocados From Mexico (1 avocado per wrap)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of white vinegar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 can of corn
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1/2 diced tomato
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Wheat artisan tortilla wraps
- Cube chicken and boil until fully cooked (salt and pepper to taste)
- Slice the avocados in half, and then dice them into cubes
- Mix the corn, vinegar, olive oil, onions, tomatoes into a bowl (salt and pepper to taste)
- Open a tortilla wrap and add all the ingredients: chicken, avocados and corn mix, roll up the wrap
- Cut into halves, hold in place with toothpicks
Serves two hungry Latinas or four chicas for a light snack.
The world of avocados is endless, check out Vida Aguacate for other recipes if you want to add a little bit of this and a little bit of that into your cooking. That is what makes cooking so much fun, you can always incorporate the best of others into your own style!
Make sure you subscribe for the Aguacates From Mexico SWEEPSTAKES, you will have the chance to win a Gift Card.